I thought a favourites blog might come in handy, that way you might get some gift ideas for others or yourself if you feel like you deserve it (or not)!
The first, and my most recent is my Mac Studio Fix Foundation! I've pined after Mac foundations forever so decided to just go ahead and get one already! I went for this one inparticular as its a very high coverage and is good on oily/combination skin which is the skin I have, fancy that! I got colour matched and as i'm pale as a ghost I got the shade NW10. The lightest shade they do! As soon as I got home, naturally I had to redo my make up just to see what it was like, and it is amazing! £21.50 seems alot for foundation but I can honestly say it really is worth it! It stays on the skin for a good 8 hours, gives high coverage from a minimal amount and leaves your skin looking lovely!
Second of my favourites is a primer from No7. Now it might just be me, but I think the No7 brand is quite overlooked as a brand, and in some ways underestimated. I think we all look to a lot of other drugstore brands first. So basically, I needed a new primer, so had a look at the No7 range in Boots, purely and simply because of the fact if you bought 2 products you got a free gift set and well, who wouldn't want that? I picked up the Colour Calming Primer as its green so is good for redness. I have to say I'm very impressed, it goes on smoothly, (although admittedly I was startled at my tinged green face at first) but I immediately saw a difference when I applied my foundation and it kept my makeup on and where it should be perfectly!
I have two more favourites, but I feel i'm babbling, so i'll pop them in together since they're just small! In the free No7 gift amongst other things, was a felt tip liner. Now I hate felt tip liners, they dont go on properly and dry out far too quickly without giving the precision you want from a liner (or so I imagine you would want precision). I am however, quite the curious mind so had a go of it, and I am so very glad I did, now I haven't tried it for long enough to let you know if it dries out quickly, but in terms of precision and pigment, bravo No7. Finally is a lipstick from collection. s £2.99 I didnt expect much when I picked up Gothic Glam shade 1 Seduction, but it is my favourite Winter shade. Its a deep pink colour with a hint of plum (swatches below) and right now I can't live without it! It feels lovely on the lip and is extremely pigmented, lasting hours before reapplication is needed!

I've included a picture with a swatch of the products below, I think you've figured it out, but from top to bottom, its foundation, primer, eyeliner and lipstick! Sorry about the awful quality, i'm not sure what happened, the foundation looks yellow and the green has yellow edges! Remember i'm new!
Comment below your winter favourites!
Leanne
xxx
Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this blog are my own and I am in no way affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. I bought all the products myself with my own money.
No comments:
Post a Comment