Monday, 16 December 2013

My Foundation Routine!..

Seasons Greetings and blah di blah!

Terribly sorry for not blogging for a little while! Coursework for Uni caught up with me and so I had to put away the blog and play uni for a while!

Back to the point of the blog however, I'm on christmas break now so i'll be able to blog again yay! I thought i'd do a foundation routine blog, because although I do use the same kind of strategy I change up my foundation and what not daily but thought i'd share a few favourites with you. So i guess this is my foundation routine/tutorial/favourites but that seemed too long :P

So, I'm actually going to start writing it now and cut the babble!
The first thing I do, which I honestly think is the MOST important, is moisturise! If you're putting a load of stuff on your face you're going to want to make sure your face is lovely and soft and smooth so that you don't dry it out by covering it! I just use Simples moisturiser but any will do as long as it does what it says on the tin!

Next, and optional step I would say is to prime! If you want your foundation to last literally forever or want to create a good base for your makeup, I would definitely prime, you can get all different ones but I would say my favourite is definitely the No.7 Colour Calming Primer, it makes my skin feel amazing and helps tone down any redness because its a green primer. You can see a swatch in one of my previous blogs!

After priming, I usually wait 5-10 minutes to start anything else just to make sure my primer and moisturiser are all soaked in and lovely! Then the next step, for me is foundation. I do concealer last because I always think you see how much extra coverage you need if you conceal after and it stops you just wiping the concealer all over your face along with your foundation! So to pop foundation on I either put it on the back of my hand and blend it into my face using a real techniques stippling brush, or I put dots of it on my face and then use the brush. I just find using a brush makes it look better on my skin and ensures I get a nice even coverage. My favourite foundations at the minute are my Mac Studio Fix in NW10 or an Elf foundation which I ordered from America (if you keep an eye on their website there's usually free shipping or 1p shipping to the UK) It's their flawless finish foundation in porcelain. I kind of forgot I actually had the Elf foundation but when I found it I was over the moon because it's amazing!

After foundation, I make sure all my imperfections are covered with concealer, now it will come as no surprise what my favourite concealer is because EVERYONE raves about it, and it's the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in fair and it just has the most amazing coverage! I use this on any imperfections and under my eyes and then i'll buff it in with a real techniques buffing brush. Another good concealer is Maybellines The Eraser Eye concealer which I use in light!

Finally to make sure none of my makeup goes anywhere I powder my face, for this I use an Elf Powder Brush and either my Mac Mineralise Skinfinish in Natural or Rimmels Stay Matte Powder in Translucent (surprise surprise)!

I know it sounds like a lot of stuff but honestly it isn't when you have it on and I find it works for me!

If you have any questions let me know by commenting and I hope you found this helpful!

 Here are the links to the products I mentioned!
Moisturiser
Primer
Mac Foundation
Elf Foundation
Collection Concealer
Maybelline Concealer
Mac Powder
Rimmel Powder

Leanne
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment