Friday, 6 December 2013

Sleek Palette Review..

Another day, another entry!

Basically today I'm going to review a sleek palette I got not long ago! The story goes something along the lines of me being addicted to makeup and getting over excited at seeing a sleek stand in superdrug so having to buy something.

I own countless eye shadows in palettes and as singles so didnt need another, but who thinks about that stuff when makeup is involved?

So, getting to the point...I wasnt exactly impressed with the palette as a whole. I didnt swatch in store as it was there was only one of each palette and I sure wouldnt buy a palette people have whacked their fingers in. Reflecting on this, I kinda wish I had swatched. The pigment is just awful, now i'm not in any way saying sleek is awful, just letting you know my opinion on one product. I happen to love sleek blush, just not a fan of the palette I got!

i'll include a picture lower down with swatches of the colours and heres a picture of the palette so you see what I mean!

Even using an eyelid primer I found on some colours I still couldnt get a good colour so I have now given up! I thought rather than just slate the product I could offer maybe an alternative? So I recently bought an MUA palette, it was super cheap and I just thought 'oh go on then!' (excessive and un-needed i bought it non the less!). My train of thought was that even if it sucked, it was cheap so I could validate only using it rarely!

After trying it, I realised it was absolutely amazing! I now use it ALL the time and actually use one of the colours daily to fill in my brows! So if you maybe are just getting started with eyeshadow and dont really want to splurge on Mac or Urban Decay (just examples!) then I would definitely suggest these!

I'll include links to both eyeshadow palettes at the end (some of you may prefer pale eyeshadow!) and here are some pictures, the sleek palette is the 12 shadow one on the right, then MUA is 10 shadows on the right!



















              (without flash)                                                                (with flash)

Please follow if you like this blog and feel free to comment with any suggestions or what not!

Leanne xxx


Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any of the products or brands mentioned, these opinions are my own and any items bought were from my own money bought by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment